For companies everywhere, market pressure is rising. The current COVID-19 pandemic has further accelerated these rates of change, driving down consumer sentiment and reducing discretionary spend, reducing jobs and incomes, and disrupting global supply chains. This creates opportunity for investors and companies as they position themselves after the economic downturn.
STRATEGIC ADVISORY: CASE STUDIES
- A $30+ billion dollar international corporation wanted to improve its US investor profile as well as increase liquidity and shareholder value. The company is of the top ten globally in its sector. The company has international operations in 30 countries.
- We advised the CEO and the investor team and laid out a strategy including a detailed, vetted target list of over 500+ investors and funds. We prepared confidential briefings for the CEO, conducted fund research, developed investor presentations, and arranged for meetings.
- We generated greater investor engagement and higher market valuation.
- SafeRock successfully advised the CEO and executive team.
- We improved the message for investors and increased valuation.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS: CASE STUDIES
- Crucial stakeholder negotiations
- Complex and highly leveraged situations
- Buying or selling non-core assets and entire companies in a distressed or non-distressed context
- The Management of a $6+ billion public company engaged us to advise them during the sale of the company after an activist investor declared interest. The company has a national presence that combines both online and physical commerce. The goal was to advise management on increasing the company’s selling price and benefit shareholders.
- Working with the CFO, we crafted the investor strategy as they opened up the company to bidding by multiple suitors. We helped the team prepare for the prospective investor meetings and discussions. We reviewed and helped construct the appropriate financial and business presentations, and examined their impact on top-line sales, EBITDA, and cash flow.
- The company was successfully sold to private equity at a 35% premium to initial market price.
- This was one of the largest M&A transactions in the sector for the year.
- Debt restructuring
- Credit ratings advisory
- Islamic (Shariah) finance